GhanaQuest

This will be a journal of my missionary trip to Ghana. We will be representing the Church of Christ. We pray much good will be done and many souls will be added to the church.

My Photo
Name:

Hello, Please enjoy my musings...

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Journal entries thru April 2006

Jan. 15, 2006
I have decided to try and make the trip to Ghana with Ted Wheeler. Ted has been doing missionary work there for 25 years. It is a 3 and a half week trip. This may be difficult to work out with work and our personal schedule, but we shall try.

Feb. 6, 2006
I applied for my Passport. This was fun. The birth certificate I have had all these years was not official. Yep, I was not officially born. I had a copy of the hospital certificate which just was not good enough. Quickly I sent off for my “official” birth certificate and 4 days later, I was born. Talk about being born again, that’s twice! Ha! Now that I was official, I was able to send off for my Passport.

Feb. 15, 2006
I received approval from work to take an extended vacation. It was not easy. This request went to the highest levels of the organization. Special dispensation was given and down the line the word got to me. This was to be “super secret” so as to not upset other associates. So, everyone knows!

March 27, 2006
I received my Passport in the mail. I’m legal. Now I have to get my visa approved. If it is, I suppose God has approved of this trip.

April 2, 2006
I preached in Clearwater at Central C of C to gain support.
Lesson: “He that doeth…”
We had a great visit. We enjoyed the chili cook off for lunch and
The cracker barrel after evening services with 30 friends.
I received support and prayers for the Ghana Mission and the promise of more. We were certainly among family.

April 12, 2006
We purchased gator aid packets for trip with enough to share.
This is an idea given to me by Ted’s brother in law. He says it will
Replace what the heat removes. Sounds like a “hot” idea.

April 15, 2006
Today at our prayer breakfast, Ted and I discussed what his plans are for the Ghana mission trip this year. I learned that the five of us will go off on our own (with translator) each Sunday to preach at an area congregation. This way we can visit more congregations. So, on three Sundays, I will preach with my translator at my side at a congregation on my own. This is a bit scary but exciting. We will also be holding 4 day seminars in which I will have speaking assignments. We will also work on water wells, medical clinics and street preaching.

April 16, 2006
I received my visa packet to prepare and send off. I’ve only had my passport a short time and I have to send it away. Ted says it will come back (if I love it or something like that). I also got my assignments for the seminars. I will prepare and teach (with help from translator) four lessons: “Tell Me the Story of Jesus’ Forerunner”; “Jesus’ Miracles”; “Jesus’ Apostles”; and “Jesus’ Resurrection.” I shall begin preparing right away. I have 3 sermons ready to go and may put together 1 or 2 more.

April 18, 2006
Today we purchased the cashiers check for the Visa application. We send it off tomorrow and expect it back in a week or so. Does this mean I get a charge card or what? I hope my credit is good. Are there any co-signers out there? Also, I received clothing from Penny’s parents that they bought for me to wear in Ghana. Thanks!

April 26, 2006
Today, Ted was able to get the malaria medicine needed for our trip. We will take a pill a day starting 2 days before we leave and for 7 days after we get back. With that and the bug spray and netting, we should stay malaria free. I’ve heard this illness is no fun. And you know how much I think “no fun” is no fun, right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home