Thursday, July 13, 2006
This morning as we got ready to go to the seminars, 3 representatives from the village we had preached at last night brought us a token of thanks: a live goat. Our cook took possession of him and only said: “his future is uncertain.”
The seminars were starting late as some of the villages had not arrived yet. My stage was set as I saw a group of children waiting for things to start. We spent 45 minutes of fun together as I wowed them with all the coin tricks I knew. We had a great time and many laughs! I showed them how to do many tricks and then the lectures had to start.
Our lessons went well. The people are very attentive and patient. It is an open building – very hot – with wooden benches. A garbage can is set in the corner full of water with one cup on top. When thirsty, you got up, went to the can to scoop some water, and wet your whistle.
After the seminars, the host congregation and 2 representatives from the church we established last night brought “the preachers pay”: another goat and 2 roosters. I suppose their future is also suspect.
Today there was time to rest and relax before another night of “street preaching”. Rain had cooled things off which was a blessing to the whole village. We were off after a meal of fried fish heads and “kenkee” (the white brothers, or “batoolee” as they call us, had the fruit medley).
This evening we journeyed through another riverbed type of road to a village (Tojing # 1) that had a congregation of the Lords people there. We quickly set up and began. The brothers leading the singing are great – and the singing as well.
David preached after the Jesus movie and there were 5 added to the church!
It will be an early night tonight; we will be in bed by 1 AM.
The seminars were starting late as some of the villages had not arrived yet. My stage was set as I saw a group of children waiting for things to start. We spent 45 minutes of fun together as I wowed them with all the coin tricks I knew. We had a great time and many laughs! I showed them how to do many tricks and then the lectures had to start.
Our lessons went well. The people are very attentive and patient. It is an open building – very hot – with wooden benches. A garbage can is set in the corner full of water with one cup on top. When thirsty, you got up, went to the can to scoop some water, and wet your whistle.
After the seminars, the host congregation and 2 representatives from the church we established last night brought “the preachers pay”: another goat and 2 roosters. I suppose their future is also suspect.
Today there was time to rest and relax before another night of “street preaching”. Rain had cooled things off which was a blessing to the whole village. We were off after a meal of fried fish heads and “kenkee” (the white brothers, or “batoolee” as they call us, had the fruit medley).
This evening we journeyed through another riverbed type of road to a village (Tojing # 1) that had a congregation of the Lords people there. We quickly set up and began. The brothers leading the singing are great – and the singing as well.
David preached after the Jesus movie and there were 5 added to the church!
It will be an early night tonight; we will be in bed by 1 AM.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home