GhanaQuest

This will be a journal of my missionary trip to Ghana. We will be representing the Church of Christ. We pray much good will be done and many souls will be added to the church.

My Photo
Name:

Hello, Please enjoy my musings...

Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday, July 10, 2006

5 AM! Load the bus! 13 hour trip! As it turns out, 14 hours. And, oh what a ride.

We talked, slept (kind of), and took pictures. Cobbinah made sure I got a picture of everyone in their funniest sleeping moment. Then I got him! Ha!

We stopped twice for gas and supplies. The first stop was 9 AM. Paul Addo bought some "chicken". Now, Paul is my guardian. He and Matilda were recommended to me by Renee for advice. Matilda could not go with us, so Paul it is. He simply said "trust me". So, when Paul offered me a piece of what he had bought, I took a bite. I asked "This is good, is it chicken?" "Turkey", he said. As I took the next bite he said "Turkey Tails!" Not bad, but one is enough. I finally got to try Ted's favorite snack - turkey tails.

At our next stop, nature called. I had been told to stay away from "public facilities." I became suspicious when I saw another American - a woman, leaving the area with a look of "terror" on her face. Let me just say, the word "hover" never held more meaning!

At journeys end, we were at the church in Yendi. This was a nice "clinic" complex and even had AC in the bedrooms. But this would be our last taste of technology. Our journey tomorrow is a 4 hour trek into Africa of old.

After watching Paul challenge Owusu to some exercise contests, it was time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home