GhanaQuest

This will be a journal of my missionary trip to Ghana. We will be representing the Church of Christ. We pray much good will be done and many souls will be added to the church.

My Photo
Name:

Hello, Please enjoy my musings...

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sat., July 15, 2006

Sat., July 15, 2006

Four AM – strong wind – banging doors – flying pots and pans – then rain, and I mean rain! I knew I should have brought my scuba gear. I was glad I was sleeping inside as I could hear David and Rick hustling around trying to get their bedding, fans, radios, and things quickly inside.

Two hours later we were up for breakfast. The rains send the people to the fields to work. Niipaak thought the turnout would be light, but we had the biggest turnout yet. So the seminars turned out great.

As we were leaving we passed the well drilling team going in to set the pup on the well. Tomorrow we should see water!

This afternoon and evening will be a time to rest. Tomorrow is church and the clinic. We all talked, played cards, Rick and I jammed with his guitar and my harp, and a time of relaxation was readily welcomed.

A local woman, a friend of our caretaker came by. Her aim was matrimony. She didn’t understand our ways, but that didn’t stop Quansah from having some fun. He rounded up the men and lined us up. After a moment of consideration, our visitor selected Ernest to wed. At that time Ernest decided it might be a good idea to explain our ways to her – she “had her hand on her face”, you see.

Later, we were given some great news. George, one of the translators we have employed, has decided to be baptized! He has been listing while translating and it sank in! A walk to the river, some digging, and a new brother was added to the church!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home