Friday, July 21, 2006
Friday, July 21, 2006
At 6 AM we woke up to the sound of baboons going through our trash. We packed up and loaded the bus, then off to breakfast. During breakfast, 2 monkeys and 3 warthogs came by to greet us while a family of baboons checked in for a moment.
Our 10 hour trip to the Eastern Region turned into a 19 hour trip. We dropped Niipaak off an hour into the trip, in Tomali, and then drove towards the East. The bus began to act up about 3 hours into the trip and we crawled into Komasi around 8 PM. Komasi is the 2nd largest city in Ghana. I saw more people in 5 minutes than I had seen in Ghana since I’d been here. Millions of people, and traffic, wow! Talk about extremes, we’ve seen them.
We were able to change buses after 2 hours then we went for pizza! Not bad either. But not to last, we drove away from the big city into what we had left only days before. We pulled into Kade and our motel at 3:30 AM, unloaded and collapsed.
At 6 AM we woke up to the sound of baboons going through our trash. We packed up and loaded the bus, then off to breakfast. During breakfast, 2 monkeys and 3 warthogs came by to greet us while a family of baboons checked in for a moment.
Our 10 hour trip to the Eastern Region turned into a 19 hour trip. We dropped Niipaak off an hour into the trip, in Tomali, and then drove towards the East. The bus began to act up about 3 hours into the trip and we crawled into Komasi around 8 PM. Komasi is the 2nd largest city in Ghana. I saw more people in 5 minutes than I had seen in Ghana since I’d been here. Millions of people, and traffic, wow! Talk about extremes, we’ve seen them.
We were able to change buses after 2 hours then we went for pizza! Not bad either. But not to last, we drove away from the big city into what we had left only days before. We pulled into Kade and our motel at 3:30 AM, unloaded and collapsed.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home