GhanaQuest

This will be a journal of my missionary trip to Ghana. We will be representing the Church of Christ. We pray much good will be done and many souls will be added to the church.

My Photo
Name:

Hello, Please enjoy my musings...

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

May 30, 2006

It has been a busy couple of weeks since my last update. But that doesn't stop progress. Ted has been working very hard on the logistics of the trip. Plane tickets, lodging, transportation, preaching venues, schedules, and keeping track of 4 Americans and about 12 Ghanaians, to mention just some of his duties. I also received my 2006 Ghana Mission T-Shirt that Ted designed. It is very cool! Check out the Ghana web site to see the logo.

I was called on to preach last Sunday in Venice. This gave me the opportunity to try out a lesson I had put together for preaching in Ghana. The lesson was an expository sermon on Paul's preaching at Mars Hill (Acts 17). Ted had told me that in Ghana there still existed some Idol worship and I thought this might be a great text to form a lesson from. This section of scripture reveals a brilliant sermon of Paul's concerning the existence of the one true God starting from the Athenians worship of idols. Ted said it went well and gave me some pointers for when I preach it to a Ghanaian congregation. And remember, it's sort of like that fellow who was in New York City looking for Carnegie Hall. He was having trouble finding it, so he asked a street musician: "How do you get to Carnegie Hall?" The man said: "practice, practice, practice." So, thank you Venice for letting me practice.

My "Ghana Crew" continues to grow. I and the mission are so blessed to have so many caring people that want to be involved. Again, I thank everyone for your $upport and Prayers. You are a large part of this mission! You humble me.

I'm not sure what I am doing, but I am starting to gather items for the trip. I got a big "man purse" for carrying my bible, lessons, journal, and SNACKS. I also got a toiletry bag to carry my essentials. I've got bug spray, a little pass port caddy, and some other little things. Oh, and I will be breaking in a new Tilley on this trip. The old one finally wore out.

It seems like time is flying by, now. We go to bible camp next week and when we return, it will only be 3 weeks until the Ghana trip. I'd better start packing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home