Tues., July 25, 2006
Tues., July 25, 2006
Today is market day. All of us went to High street market to practice our skills at getting deals. Paul, Ernest and I teamed up for some serious shopping. I learned “Nboyaday” meaning “That’s too expensive!” And, “Te Su” meaning “lower the price!” I had also been told to come back to their asking price with one third that price and work back and forth to no more than half of their original asking price. Got it?!
Attack! I had cedis in my pocket and souvenirs to buy. I was dragged into every shop and given the “routine”. I worked my magic and by the end of the day had many items but few cedis! With my Ghanaian brothers at my side, I did ok. Still, I need some practice to haggle like they do.
Lunch was a cheeseburger and fries! Accra has a place called Papayea’s and has American style food. Pretty good, too.
I sent some emails from the internet café and am calling it a night.
Today is market day. All of us went to High street market to practice our skills at getting deals. Paul, Ernest and I teamed up for some serious shopping. I learned “Nboyaday” meaning “That’s too expensive!” And, “Te Su” meaning “lower the price!” I had also been told to come back to their asking price with one third that price and work back and forth to no more than half of their original asking price. Got it?!
Attack! I had cedis in my pocket and souvenirs to buy. I was dragged into every shop and given the “routine”. I worked my magic and by the end of the day had many items but few cedis! With my Ghanaian brothers at my side, I did ok. Still, I need some practice to haggle like they do.
Lunch was a cheeseburger and fries! Accra has a place called Papayea’s and has American style food. Pretty good, too.
I sent some emails from the internet café and am calling it a night.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home