June 11, 2006
We just arrived home from Bible Camp. Everyone had a great week! There were at least 130 kids ranging from 8 to 18 running around. Phillip, Ed, and I had 50 students in our Seniors Class. I think there were 10 + baptisms (3 from my cabin). Much fun and learning was had by all. Now to catch up on some sleep.
I received this update from Ted. It came in while I was at camp and thought you may be interested:
1. I now have our e-ticket receipts (Bill's should have been sent to him directly).
2. Spoke to Owusu on Friday. He and his family are getting a little more settled into their new home. I told him to have an electrician make him a cable so he can run his house on the big generator that we have been using for the campaigns. We will purchase ($500) a new generator this year and leave it in the north. That way we will have a good PA system and a generator that can be used year-round.
3. I sent $200 to help Haana with repairs after a strong storm destroyed much of their roofing. Owusu said it would take another $300 to finish the repairs. I will try and wire some funds next week.
4. It looks like we will be renting a 30-seater Toyota bus for the two weeks we will be in the north and E/R. Good news ,it will have A/C. Ernest is to check the bus and driver out in the next week or so.
5. We have reserved the motel in Bunkpurugu. There are 9 rooms in the main building. So we will put 2-3 to a room. No electricity or running water. Good news ,each room does have a shower and toilet. So expect bucket baths and bucket flushes.
6. I have had a sore throat for over a month along with a sore/ulcer (?). After 3 rounds of antibiotics I finally went to a specialist on Friday. He did a biopsy, I should have the results back Monday or Tuesday. I would appreciate your prayers. I had planned on calling Ghana yesterday, but don't feel like a lot of chit chat right now. I will preach tomorrow, but will have Delbert take the Bible class for me.
7. T-shirts are in and they look great! I have given one to Tim and mailed one to Bill. I will be in Lakeland on Thursday/Friday and will arrange to leave a shirt for David and I will drop Rick's off at Bible Camp.
8. 33 days and counting.
9. You can keep up with the weather in Ghana from the homepage: www.ghanamissions.com
That's Ted's report, I'll post more later.
In Him,
tim
I received this update from Ted. It came in while I was at camp and thought you may be interested:
1. I now have our e-ticket receipts (Bill's should have been sent to him directly).
2. Spoke to Owusu on Friday. He and his family are getting a little more settled into their new home. I told him to have an electrician make him a cable so he can run his house on the big generator that we have been using for the campaigns. We will purchase ($500) a new generator this year and leave it in the north. That way we will have a good PA system and a generator that can be used year-round.
3. I sent $200 to help Haana with repairs after a strong storm destroyed much of their roofing. Owusu said it would take another $300 to finish the repairs. I will try and wire some funds next week.
4. It looks like we will be renting a 30-seater Toyota bus for the two weeks we will be in the north and E/R. Good news ,it will have A/C. Ernest is to check the bus and driver out in the next week or so.
5. We have reserved the motel in Bunkpurugu. There are 9 rooms in the main building. So we will put 2-3 to a room. No electricity or running water. Good news ,each room does have a shower and toilet. So expect bucket baths and bucket flushes.
6. I have had a sore throat for over a month along with a sore/ulcer (?). After 3 rounds of antibiotics I finally went to a specialist on Friday. He did a biopsy, I should have the results back Monday or Tuesday. I would appreciate your prayers. I had planned on calling Ghana yesterday, but don't feel like a lot of chit chat right now. I will preach tomorrow, but will have Delbert take the Bible class for me.
7. T-shirts are in and they look great! I have given one to Tim and mailed one to Bill. I will be in Lakeland on Thursday/Friday and will arrange to leave a shirt for David and I will drop Rick's off at Bible Camp.
8. 33 days and counting.
9. You can keep up with the weather in Ghana from the homepage: www.ghanamissions.com
That's Ted's report, I'll post more later.
In Him,
tim


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home