GhanaQuest

This will be a journal of my missionary trip to Ghana. We will be representing the Church of Christ. We pray much good will be done and many souls will be added to the church.

My Photo
Name:

Hello, Please enjoy my musings...

Monday, June 12, 2006

June 12, 2006

June 12, 2006
I have gotten some rest from the camp experience. Now I'm ready to concentrate on Ghana.

We have a new challenge. As you know, our fearless leader Ted was undergoing tests for a sore throat. There is bad news and good news and bad news. The bad news is that Ted does have cancer. The good news is that he has caught it in it's first stages and his doctor says it is completely treatable and curable with radiation treatment and will have no adverse effects on his voice. The bad news is, and thus the challenge, the treatment will last 6 weeks. Ted will not be able to make the trip. Bill, who has been on several trips, and David, who has been to the Northern Region, will lead the trip. Ted has the utmost confidence in both of them. Ted will still organize and quarter back the trip from home. He says all the work is already planned out and with the Ghanaian brethren, the trip should go off just as planned.

We ask all of you to pray for Ted and his family, along with the mission trip. He will be greatly missed on the trip, but his recovery is of vital importance to his continued work in the Lords service.

Ted says I will just have to go again if I want to be on a trip with him. Hmm... let me see... he is a trickster, practical joker, kinda wacky, strange food eating, hardworking, wonderful human being full of great stories. I guess I'll be going to Ghana again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm ... it may take me some time to think up a proper reply to this post. :)

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TIM;;; I WILL BE PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU ALL ON YOUR TRIP. BE SAFE AND PRAISE THE LORD WHILE YOU ARE THERE. MIKE SAID HI.

MIKE

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home