GhanaQuest

This will be a journal of my missionary trip to Ghana. We will be representing the Church of Christ. We pray much good will be done and many souls will be added to the church.

My Photo
Name:

Hello, Please enjoy my musings...

Saturday, June 17, 2006

June 17, 2006

OK! Now it's starting to feel real. Ted and I just got back from our first shopping spree! We picked up some electronics from Staples, some things from Target, and some things from Walmart. Now I've got some things to pack.

Some of Ted's excitement is rubbing off on me. Up to now, it was kind of feeling like I was getting things ready for someone else. It's starting to feel like it's me going now. Now that I have started packing and time is drawing near, the nervous excitement is getting to me. I am getting advise from Ted as to what to get and bring. He had told me that fabric (for dress making) would be a good gift for some of the Ghanaian woman. So ... last week I was shopping and picked up a bolt of purple fabric that was on sale for 2 dollars. Great, I thought! I threw it into the cart and expected to get a good deal. I found out at the cashier that the fabric was 2 dollars a yard and I should not have brought the whole bolt up to the counter. What? It said 2 dollars! What?

After shopping, Ted and I watched Ghana beat the Czech team in the World Cup. Go Ghana. David called when Ghana got their first goal! He's a fan. USA plays next. Ted says the Ghanaians are really into the World Cup. Like screaming in the streets, into it. It would be great if they were still in it while we were over there. USA could advance as well. Go USA!

Last night I went through my lessons for the trip. I numbered the pages and double spaced them to get them ready to print. The translators like them that way. It should be fun getting used to preaching with a translator. Just a little more study and all my lessons for the trip should be ready. I expect to study some while traveling from place to place. I will be carrying a laptop over to give to one of the Ghanaian brothers. It is loaded with bible study material. I will get to use it while in Ghana. Cool!

The USA game has just started, got to go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you in your work on this trip - and just to be on the safe side good luck too.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home