June 25, 2006
We are getting down to brass tacks, now. The nerves are starting to settle in. I'm ready to get going. It's like a hobbit once said: "sitting on the edge of a battle that's about to begin is unbearable." It's the anticipation, I guess, that is hard.
Ted is preparing for his radiation treatments. He will begin July 10th and go for 6 weeks or so. After which, we pray, he will be as good as new. He is looking forward to a follow up trip to Ghana in a few months. Thank you for your continued prayers.
I hope to preach one more of the lessons I have prepared for Ghana next week. It is titled: "The Well of Living Water". I hope to tie in Christ's teachings with the water wells we are drilling in the north of Ghana. Ted said that 2 new wells will be ready about the time we are getting up there. These are wells that will bring water to villages, freeing the "water bearers" (women and kids) to study the word of God and general education.
Shopping! I have to get shopping for the final items I need. I have to do a trial pack job so that Ted can weigh my suit case. They limit the pounds you can bring. Hopefully, I will be under the weight. This way, we can add in books and things for the Ghanaians. One thing I thought was interesting is the fact that we may take over raisins. It seems that some of the Ghanaian congregations soak the raisins, then squeeze them, to make their "fruit of the vine" for communion.
Lessons! I have to print out copies of all my lessons. I will also print out copies of my passport, visa, and the like. I will leave copies in the states and keep copies in a safe place, apart from the originals, while in Ghana. Good advise!
Ted is preparing for his radiation treatments. He will begin July 10th and go for 6 weeks or so. After which, we pray, he will be as good as new. He is looking forward to a follow up trip to Ghana in a few months. Thank you for your continued prayers.
I hope to preach one more of the lessons I have prepared for Ghana next week. It is titled: "The Well of Living Water". I hope to tie in Christ's teachings with the water wells we are drilling in the north of Ghana. Ted said that 2 new wells will be ready about the time we are getting up there. These are wells that will bring water to villages, freeing the "water bearers" (women and kids) to study the word of God and general education.
Shopping! I have to get shopping for the final items I need. I have to do a trial pack job so that Ted can weigh my suit case. They limit the pounds you can bring. Hopefully, I will be under the weight. This way, we can add in books and things for the Ghanaians. One thing I thought was interesting is the fact that we may take over raisins. It seems that some of the Ghanaian congregations soak the raisins, then squeeze them, to make their "fruit of the vine" for communion.
Lessons! I have to print out copies of all my lessons. I will also print out copies of my passport, visa, and the like. I will leave copies in the states and keep copies in a safe place, apart from the originals, while in Ghana. Good advise!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home